Monday, August 31, 2009

Braves and Beginning A New School Year

It has been a busy few weeks and I cannot believe it has been this long since I made a blog entry. I was not feeling real well last week and then trying to get ready to start school today took up a lot of my time. So, here it goes... Last Sunday, we all took Braden and Ella to a Braves game. It was awesome. The seats were great- in the shade and it was a cool day to begin with. Braden did not move for the first hour, which is quite unlike him. He just sat there and took it all in. He was ready to catch a foul ball with his glove on one hand and eating cotton candy in the other. Ella was an absolute hoot. She figured out how to do the tomahawk chop. The minute she would hear the music, chopping she would go!!! The fun part about Sunday games it that the kids get to run the bases after the game is over. Mom got some great shots with her camera. They are supposed to be 4 to run, but they let Ella go. She followed Braden the whole way, then we see her bend down to touch the base. Well, her brother, trying to be helpful, said "Make sure you touch the base Ella." So, she did! She reached down and touched the base. Gotta love kids.


The rest of the week I spent just trying to feel better. Just let me give you one piece of advice... if a doctor tells you to take Tamaflu.....don't..... unless you are already throwing up because if you are not, you will be.........

Today, was my first day back to school. I really am having to remind myself of the poem on my grandma Smith had on her wall that I used to read over and over and had no idea what I was reading.......

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I really need to remind my self of this this week and for the next few to come. We have moved into a different building and they had to do major renovations. Well, my room is not ready yet and I am hoping by Wednesday it will be. I am really going to have to get used to a classroom with no window, smaller than my room used to be, very little storage, and more students....... I will just keep saying my prayer over and over...... I just like to be over prepared and I will be starting this year quite under prepared, but I will make it!!!

Here is a video of Ella doing the Tomahawk Chop! Sorry, could not figure out how to turn it correctly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment