Monday, May 17, 2010

Our First Broken Bone

Well, my sweet boy Braden has his first broken bone. On Friday he fell off a zipline, about 10 feet, while at a birthday party.  He broke his wrist on his right arm.  At first, I was not sure how hurt he was. I was really more worried about his back then anything because he landed on his back. He was crying of course, but Braden is very dramatic, so I was not sure how hurt he was.  We immediately left the party, and on the way home I knew a visit to the ER was in our near future.  He kept saying, "Mommy, please don't turn anymore, that hurts my arm."

So, after a quick ER visit (yes, it was suprisingly quick- they usually are a nightmare) we have a temporary cast, a CD of our broken wrist, and some tylenol with codine. Tomorrow, I will call the doctor first thing to get an appointment for a cast.  I am hoping for a waterproof one since Disney is only 6 weeks away!!! 

Braden is being such a trooper with this all, bue he has a high tolerance for pain!!  We still have two weeks left of baseball, but he will have to watch from the bench!  Karate testing is next Saturday, too!  But, we will have to see what the doctor says tomorrow. I will keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment