Saturday, July 18, 2009

Living at the Lake





I really love living here at Lake Oconee. Now that the kids are getting older we can really enjoy the lake. They love going for boat rides and Braden has just become brave enough to swim in the lake. Ella still says "Ewwww" when we ask her if she wants to swim in the lake. I cannot say I blame her. We are looking for a tube to buy for the kids, especially Braden, to ride on. They do not have the same kind of tubes we had when we were little. They have ones that you just basically just sit on. The kids cannot fall through the holes in the middle! I have seen really small children riding on these in the lake. I do not think I am ready for Ella to ride, but Braden will have a blast.


As a family, we really enjoy just riding on the boat for the afternoon and stopping to eat lunch in a cove. It is a lot of fun. We are so fortunate to live this close to the lake. Growing up, we went out on the Mississippi River all weekend and grilled out and skied. Lots of great memories! I hope we can create just as many fun memories of playing on the lake for Braden and Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment